You’ve Worked Hard For Your Success.
Protect it.

Commercial Property Insurance

Property insurance pays for losses and damages to real or personal property. A property insurance policy, for example, would cover fire damage to your office space. You can purchase additional coverage for your business, including:

Business Owner Policies (BOPs)

We recognize that business insurance needs can be as diverse as the businesses themselves. BOP coverage includes property coverage, liability protection and business income protection. Whether you're an office professional, store owner or wholesaler, we can create a package for your particular business needs. We offer polices that can be tailored to include coverage for account receivables, valuable papers, crime, computers, sign coverage, glass coverage, and peak-season endorsements. Allow our staff to review your needs and design a business owners' policy to protect your business.

Commercial Auto

Commercial auto includes those autos titled to a business or used in the course of doing business. Some businesses add hired and non-owned auto liability or a variety of other endorsements to insure their businesses' needs. We have multiple carriers who will insure public auto, livery exposures, garage liability, towing operations, trucking operations, cargo coverage and delivery exposures. We can provide this coverage in a package or on a mono-line policy. Our commercial auto insurance plans offer premium protection for your business's small or large vehicles and drivers.

Contractor's Insurance

Our contractor's insurance programs range from traditional off the shelf solutions to one-of-a-kind, custom contractor insurance policies. Besides Commercial General Liability, we provide protection for equipment, tools, builders risk policies and care, installation floaters, custody and control protection. We have access to multiple insurance markets and relationships that allow us to provide you with a competitive premium.

Builders Risk

Builder's risk insurance covers buildings and homes while they are being constructed. For example, a Builder's risk policy would cover losses if a windstorm takes down your partially constructed home or commercial property.


To put it very simply, everyone makes mistakes. Even with the best employees and the best risk management practices in place, mistakes are made. E&O is the insurance that covers your company, or you individually, in the event that a client holds you responsible for a service you provided, failed to provide, or that did not have the expected or promised results. For doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc., it is often called malpractice insurance. For lawyers, accountants, architects or engineers, it may be called professional liability. Whatever you call it, it covers you for errors (or omissions) that you have made or that the client perceives you have made.

Farm and Ranch

Business opportunities can increase if your business is bonded. Bonding can be a tedious and intimidating process. Rely on our expertise to help provide you with your next bond. We have strong relationships with several bonding companies and can place a bond for you in a timely fashion. We can write the following bonds: janitorial service bonds, fidelity bonds, lost title bonds, lost note deed of trust bonds, bid bonds, payment and performance bonds, sheriff's indemnity bonds, and bonds to protect IRISA.

Farm and Ranch

At Insurance of the San Juans, we understand the insurance needs of the farm and ranch. Whether you own a cattle ranch, gentleman's ranch, hobby farm or equestrian center, we can tailor an insurance policy to protect you. Not only do we provide a policy to protect your home and personal liability, our products can be tailored to include: outbuildings, barns, farm equipment and machinery, hay, stock, livestock and farm vehicles. We also insure horse and equine exposures and can offer animal mortality.

Equipment & Installation Floaters

The Installation Risk Policy covers the installing subcontractor against loss to materials, supplies, machinery, equipment, and fixtures which are intended to become a permanent part of an installation. Property is covered while in transit, at a temporary storage facility awaiting installation, at the jobsite, and throughout the actual installation process. Building materials are not generally covered once they are attached to the building structure though coverage is available by endorsement.  If your business installs products or oversees the installation of equipment, then we can assist you in protecting your business from the risk of damaging property or the equipment during the installation process.

Tenant's Insurance

Commercial leases often require tenants to carry a certain amount of insurance. A renter's commercial policy covers your Business Personal Property (BPP), damages to improvements you make to your rental space and damages to the building caused by the negligence of your employees.

Boiler & Machinery Insurance

Boiler and machinery insurance, sometimes referred to as 'equipment breakdown' or 'mechanical breakdown coverage', provides coverage for the accidental breakdown of boilers, machinery, and equipment.

Inland Marine

Inland marine insurance covers property in transit and other people's property on your premises. This insurance would cover fire-damage to customers' clothing from a fire at your dry cleaning business.

Business Interruption Insurance

Business interruption insurance covers lost income and expenses resulting from property damage or loss. If a fire forces you to close your doors for two months, this insurance would reimburse you for salaries, taxes, rents, and net profits that would have been earned during the two-month period. Let us help you solve the equation of how long it would take for your building or office to be rebuilt in the event of a total loss. The time it takes to rebuild can be surprising when there are local zoning and architectural review committees who need to approve your plans.

Ordinance or Law Insurance

Ordinance or law insurance covers the costs associated with having to demolish and rebuild your building to code when it has been partially destroyed (usually 50 percent). For example, your three-story building is 100 years old. A fire destroys the basement and first two stories. Because more than 50 percent of your building has to be rebuilt, local ordinances can require that the building be completely demolished and rebuilt according to current building codes. Your property insurance covers only the replacement value, not the upgrade.